Easy Gut Healthy Lunch Ideas
Gut health is always at the top of our list. That’s why we’re sharing some of our favorite tummy happy lunch ideas that you can add to your routine! So gather around and let’s get to the super simple, gut healthy lunch ideas!
1) Gut Power Bowl
Bring on the power with the ultimate power bowl by The Roasted Root. This nutrient-dense gut healthy prebiotic and probiotic bowl packs a punch with roasted beets, cauliflower, dandelion greens, brown rice, sauerkraut, walnuts, and an orange cider vinaigrette. A happy gut meal perfect for making a part of your routine! YUM!
ORANGE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/4-inch nub fresh ginger peeled
- 1 small clove garlic peeled
- sea salt to taste
PROBIOTIC POWER BOWLS
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 large red beet roasted and chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower roasted
- 3 cups dandelion greens chopped
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced, optional
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts chopped
MAKE THE DRESSING:
- Add all ingredients for the dressing to a small blender and blend until completely smooth and thick. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
MAKE THE POWER BOWLS:
- Divide the cooked rice between 3 or 4 large bowls. Top with roasted beets, roasted cauliflower, dandelion greens, green onion, sauerkraut, pumpkin seeds, and raw walnuts. Drizzle the dressing over each bowl and serve.
2) Beetroot Pineapple Salad with Mint:
This recipe is rich in the good stuff! Fuel your body with a healthy salad in the matter of minutes with an easy salad recipe by Nutrition Stripped.
- 4 cups chopped beets, roasted
- 3 cups chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup mint, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, to drizzle
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. On a lined baking sheet evenly spread chopped beets and roast for about 40 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Chop pineapple in large chunks, about the same size as the chopped beets.
- To serve, plate chopped pineapple, cooled roasted beets and drizzle with olive oil, dust with cinnamon, add a pinch of sea salt, and top with thinly sliced fresh mint.
- Enjoy at room temperature.
3) Gut Healthy Smoothie:
Soothe your gut with a blended beverage rich in nutrients. We adore this simple recipe by Nutritious Life! Not only can smoothies be a quick and easy snack, smoothies make wonderful additions to lunchtime,
1/2 cup plain kefir
1 handful of greens of your choice (Spinach or kale)
1) Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
Of course, no mid-day meal would be complete without Wonder Drink Kombucha. Packed with prebiotics, they nourish the probiotics in your gut, making you feel healthier and happier too! Enjoy!