Kombucha Jello Recipe
There’s always room for jello! Turn your treat into a bite of prebiotic goodness!
Makes (1) 9×13 pan or (2) 8×8 or 9×9 pans (or gelatin molds of choice)
- 4 cups Wonder Drink Kombucha-any flavor!
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup agave nectar or raw honey to taste (optional)
- 5 tablespoons sustainably-sourced gelatin
- 1 diced and peeled apple, any variety (optional)
- Non-dairy whipped cream (optional)
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, sweeten Kombucha to taste with agave or honey.
- Put 2 cups of the Kombucha in a pot on the stove.
- Sprinkle gelatin all over.
- Whisk in well until smooth with no lumps.
- Turn on heat to low and heat until thickened — it takes almost no time at all and the Kombucha should barely even get warm. (This is what you want — no heat to destroy enzymes or probiotics.)
- Remove from heat.
- Add the thickened Kombucha to the rest.
- Stir well.
- Pour into pans or molds — you can lightly grease with oil of choice / cooking spray if concerned with sticking, but not required. To do this, dab a finger sized portion of a paper towel with the oil and rub to coat the pans / molds.
- Evenly distribute diced apples so they form a layer in the bottom of your pans.
- Chill for a couple hours, or until set.
- To help remove from mold, run under warm water for 3-5 seconds. Run the edge of a knife around the inside of the pan to begin the separation of gelatin.
- Cut into squares, add whipped cream and serve.
- Keep refrigerated.