Kombucha Muffin Recipe
This is the time of year that we love getting into the kitchen to make some sweet treats that are festive for fall. Make your own vegan, Kombucha Muffins in 20 minutes or less right in the comforts of your own home!
Makes 12 delicious muffins!
- 1 (16-oz) Traditional Wonder Drink Kombucha
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, or neutral oil
- 3/4 cup agave or honey
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil the wells of a muffin tin/
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Pour the melted butter and agave over the dry ingredients, and then pour in the kombucha. Whisk the mixture well until blended smooth.
- Divide the mixture among the muffin wells, and bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and finish cooking for another 8 to 10 minutes. The initial high heat of the oven will make sure the muffins pop out over the edges of the pan. Remove from the oven and allow to cool away from the oven. Serve warm with more softened butter if you'd like. Enjoy!
TIP: If you’re feeling extra creative, add your own twist by mixing in cacao powder, chocolate chips, or blueberries to customize the mix! The options are endless!