Blueberry Protein Pancakes
Nothing quite compares to the joy that pancakes bring to any morning. This Blueberry Protein Pancake recipe is super easy to make and packed with protein plus they are gluten free. A healthy twist to your favorite breakfast treat!
Makes 2 servings.
- 1 ½ cups almond flour (or other gluten free flour)
- ½ cup protein powder (we suggest plant-based protein)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce (this is acting as an egg substitute)
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp of honey (to top)
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and almond milk.
- Incorporate applesauce and almond milk mixture into the dry ingredients and fold in blueberries.
- Heat skillet on low heat and grease pan with cooking spray or oil.
- Use an ice cream scoop to pour pancake mixture and cook pancakes for 2-3 mins per side.
- Serve pancakes while hot! Top with more fresh blueberries, banana slices and honey.