Fermented Food Favorites
Here at Wonder Drink, we like to call ourselves, “fermented foodies”! Fermentation is a process that includes the breakdown of sugars by yeast and bacteria. When eating certain fermented foods, it can help boost the good bacteria also known as probiotics that live happily in your gut.
Probiotics have been linked to a wide variety of health benefits that help aid in better digestion, an improved immune system, and an over all healthier and comfortable lifestyle. Adding fermented foods to your plate is another way you can better support your body anytime of year (flu season or not!). Let’s get to our fermented favorites list that you can start munching on today!
- Kefir- A fermented milk drink, taste like a yogurt smoothie and is packed with calcium and probiotics.
- Tempeh-This is similar to plant based tofu and packs a protein punch, but unlike the mighty tofu, tempeh is fermented.
- Sauerkraut-Made from just cabbage and salt, this fermented food can deliver a healthy dose of probiotics and fiber to help with digestion.
- Kimchi-this favorite is for the ones out there who like some more spice. Made with cabbage, kimchi is found in many Asian dishes! Try adding it yours.
- Miso-A fermented paste made from barley, rice or soybeans, miso adds a nice flavor to dishes. Your gut will thank you for this one!
- Probiotic Yogurt-These types of yogurts are loaded with active bacterial (the good kind!) to help support a healthy gut. Add a scoop to your smoothie or drive right in the tub of delicious yogurt with your spoon-we won’t judge.
- Wonder Drink Prebiotic Kombucha- Adding prebiotic kombucha to your everyday is another wonderful layer to better support a better you. Wonder Drink provides prebiotics aka food for the probiotics in your gut to keep the healthy train going. Goes hand-in-hand with other probiotic foods out there. Our online store to find your new favorite flavor!